New Tax Deductions for Charitable Gifts Made in 2020
To encourage more charitable giving in 2020, the recently enacted government stimulus bill (the "CARES Act") provides some additional tax relief for donors. This makes it easier to give and save at the same time.
How You Can Give Smarter
- Transfer appreciated stock to Park Manor and avoid the capital gains tax.
- If you are 70 ½ or older, make a direct transfer from your IRA to Park Manor. You pay NO federal income tax on the transfer and it DOES count toward your minimum required distribution. Contact your administrator or download our request form.
- Update your will with a properly signed, dated and witnessed codicil.
- Add Park Manor as a beneficiary to your will, IRA, 401(k), life insurance policy, or trust. Beneficiary forms are usually available online.
- Designate the remainder of a specific mutual fund, bank account, or donor advised fund.
- Leverage your appreciated stock, real estate or other real property to provide income for life by naming Park Manor in a charitable remainder trust.
Whether you choose one of these smart ways to give, or another option, please include the name, address and Federal Tax ID Number to ensure that your wishes are carried out as you desire.
Organization Name: Park Manor
Address: 115 Woodmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37205
Federal Tax ID Number: #06-1818302